For Christmas I was given a Mr. Beer home brew kit. A little 2 gallon at a time, store bought kit. While it was a cool idea, that was very small scale and I wasn't able to deliver what I truly want in this new found hobby. For a long time I have been looking for a new activity. I thought about model car building, one of my childhood activities. I also considered woodworking which isn't completely out of the picture. But then I got my first homebrew kit. I tried it the night I got home, and loved it.
First I made a pale ale from extract. It was OK, but it had a little off taste to it. My second batch was a Vienna lager which was better, but still had that darn off taste. After reading a few articles and ebooks I found that the Mr. Beer kit takes shortcuts and I wasn't satisfied with the results. I found a great site called Midwest Supplies which has every possible product you can think of when it comes to homebrew. I finally ordered more proficient equipment and here we are now, waiting for the tools to start my first REAL brew.
Again this blog will be updated multiple times a week, I appreciate all my followers and encourage you to continue following, you never know, maybe you'll decide to try home brewing for yourself.
Thanks, see you next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment